Last semester, I wrote the fifth edition of Strategic CSR, which will be published by Sage this summer (hopefully late July). These editions don't get any easier – lots of details to update! :-)
The structural changes are more incremental than radical, but make a lot more sense to me. As you will see, the shift to two chapters and one case per Part is in response to suggestions around rationalization from reviewers. The new case about Media/Facebook (including discussions around fake news and privacy) and the re-write of the Financial Crisis case (now Capitalism) are also in response to reviewer requests. Throughout, there was a thorough re-write of all chapters – bringing each up-to-date and continuing to refine my arguments. The result is that the 5e is about the same length as the 4e (perhaps a bit shorter), again in response to reviewer requests.
Thank you to all of you who kindly reviewed the 4e at the request of Sage and made comments for the 5e. The book is better as a result of your engagement.
Please feel free to ask any questions at any point. The new ToC for the 5e is below (with changes from the 4e marked in brackets):
5e Table of Contents
Part I: Corporate Social Responsibility
- Chapter 1: What is CSR?
- Chapter 2: The Driving Forces of CSR
- Case: Religion/Islamic Finance
Part II: A Stakeholder Perspective
- Chapter 3: Stakeholder Theory (4e chapter 4)
- Chapter 4: Corporate Stakeholder Responsibility (4e chapter 5)
- Case: Capitalism/Financial Crisis – 10 Years On
Part III: A Legal Perspective
- Chapter 5: Corporate Rights and Responsibilities (4e chapter 3)
- Chapter 6: Who Owns the Firm?
- Case: Media/Facebook
Part IV: A Behavioral Perspective
- Chapter 7: Markets and Profit
- Chapter 8: Compliance and Accountability (4e chapters 8 + 9)
- Case: Investing/Social Impact Bonds
Part V: A Strategic Perspective
- Chapter 9: Strategy + CSR (4e chapters 10 + 11)
- Chapter 10: Strategic CSR (4e chapter 12)
- Case: Supply Chain/Starbucks
Part VI: A Sustainable Perspective
- Chapter 11: Sustainability (4e chapter 13)
- Chapter 12: Sustainable Value Creation (4e chapter 15)
- Final Thoughts
Appendix: Implementing CSR (4e chapter 14)
More details to follow later in the semester.
Instructor Teaching and Student Study Site: https://study.sagepub.com/chandler4e
Strategic CSR Simulation: http://www.strategiccsrsim.com/
The library of CSR Newsletters are archived at: https://strategiccsr-sage.blogspot.com/